Sunday, July 1, 2012

Some All-Time Favorite Recipes

There are a lot of good recipes out there.   But there are just some recipes that you just LOVE and you always go back to time and time again.  Back at home, you could always tell a really good recipe, because the recipe card had turned from white to yellow over time and had all sorts of spots and smudges from various ingredients splattered all over it.    I will list some of my favorites here for you to try.  If you have a all-time favorite, I'd love to get the recipe!


Snickerdoodles
This is one of my mom's tried-and-true recipes that always resurfaces again and again.
INGREDIENTS:
½ cup butter
½ cup shortening
1 ½ cups sugar
2 eggs
2 ¾ cups flour
2 t. cream of tarter
1 t. baking soda
¼ t. salt

2T sugar
2t cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400.

Mix butter, shortening, and sugar thoroughly.  Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.  Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.  Add eggs and mix.

Roll into balls and then in cinnamon-sugar mixture.  Place 2” apart on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes.


Potato Cheese Broccoli Soup (click to see recipe)
I was just randomly searching the internet for a potato broccoli soup and came across this recipe on a relatively unknown website.  The ingredients looked good, so I decided to give it a shop.  It is AMAZING!  Every time I go to a restaurant and have a potato broccoli soup, I can't help but compare to this recipe; so far, I have yet to go to a restaurant and try a similar soup that can beat this recipe!


Cinnamon Rolls (click to see recipe)

I have a hard time with Paula Dean as a person (no offense if you like her), but this recipe is the bomb.  I've tried a good handful of cinnamon roll recipes, and this is my favorite.  I will suggest, however, that you cut down on the butter she suggests to put on the dough after you roll it out and before you put on the cinnamon and sugar...it's just too much and ends up dripping off the sides!


Rosemary Bread (click to see recipe)
I already made a post about this recipe, so go check it out. :)


Chocolate-Covered Oreo Cake (click to see recipe)

This cake is delicious in every way possible.  The filling is especially a winner, and it looks so pretty with the Baker's chocolate used to glaze the top!


Chicken Enchiladas (click to see recipe)

This is a great recipe that I use a lot--it's not at all authentic, and it's actually pretty different because it doesn't use any red sauce, but that's why I like it!  Make sure to look at the suggestions in the first couple comments.  I think they are good changes worth considering (basically this recipe is a good base to start from, and you can add/subtract any vegetables or soup types for the sauce that you like best).


I hope at least one of these recipes tickles your taste-buds to your satisfaction.   I know my family and friends have greatly enjoyed them time and time again!

No comments:

Post a Comment